Thursday, December 10, 2009

Missing out

Gotta hate it when you miss the good stuff. I logged in today and heard my corpies in a large fleet battle. 300 or so allied in Battleships with support against about 600 enemies in similar fleet. Normally you would think we were slaughtered, but due to tactics, circumstances, and dislapline, our side won.

I took a lot of interest in how that came about. It couldnt have been a head on slug fest because either we would have lost with sheer numbers or our enemy was the local institution Eve LAN party trying to prove how superior being confined to a room with pads was.

TM, my boss (AKA, crazy angry brit), filled me in once it was over. Aparently our enemy was fitted for close range with their battleships, which would have melted us aside from sheer number. But our fleet came 'fleet fitted' which pretty much meant standard sniper fits.

I guess some of you are getting the picture here. That added with bubbles (aka, spheres of 'no moar warping for you!') ensured that they stayed out of range of us while our fleet unloaded their guns on them. Each time they tried to move out of the bubble a support fleet with stealth bombers would kindly bomb them to bits. I totally regret not being their earlier, but work pays.

Grats to Rasp for getting in a ton of kills in that battle. He got an outrageous 26 kills last i checked.



As if missing out on that fun wasn't enough, the pvp roam i planned this evening was canceled because of everyone still recovering from their recent awesomeness, and another fleet was forming 2 hours later. Busy night. Oh well, probably would have died horribly if we did go, being in enemy territory leading everyone on my own in places i didn't know the fuck where. I'm sure everyone knows what that feeling is like.

"Oh hey fearless leader! You know exactly where we are going to keep us safe and have fun right?"
"Sure!" *looks and map and cries*

Well you got to start somewhere. Only fitting that the director gets to do the stupid dangerous stuff first (Or next time ill have Cend go first. He makes a nice target.)

Finally got my tech 2 medium lasers, though i doubt i will be able to keep up my practice of shooting every friendly corpie in sight and justifying it with 'I was only testing them out....'. Well anyhow, got a fleet comming up. Should be fun. Ill update the results of it here later.


EDIT-
Sometimes you have good times, others bad. 5 hours in fleet, and 4 kills tends to get to you, especially if you traveled a billion jumps into enemy territory. After i got sleepy i had a paranoia of missing something important said by the FC and being lost in a very unfriendly place. I even forgot to get my drones i deployed when the enemy blobbed us. Oh yeah, we all pretty much died.

We went down guns a blazing though. Didn't see too many enemies in battleships, and though we had short range ones, we still could out shoot them for distance in most cases, so for a while we were able to catch them in our favor and shot up a few of them, but eventually we got raped as they executed their masterful tactic of 'blobbing.'

I must say though i felt a little satisfaction in bringing a carebear raven to its end. I cant stand those ships anymore. Got a Drake, Caracal, and Hurricane as well.

I was happy to get some kills this month, but had i known it would be 5 hours and 4 kills before losing my battleship, i might have told them kindly to go fuck off (not really. TM would kill me. =( ). I have no regret though as doing anything tends to be better than nothing, still that kinda ruined my morning. Speaking of which, my car decided that it didn't need oil anymore. I think my CEO stole it. He loves drinking that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment